Happy (Belated) New Year Everyone!
I'm sorry that I've been MIA lately. I'm still alive (wait...I think I'm still alive?), and drawing artz! It's just that I'm working on a particularly large project for atelierv
(have another that is pending). The large one in particular os close-ish to completion...so stay tuned for that pictures debut. One by one the memory spheres steal my sanity. -___-;;
Also as a shoutout to all the lovelies who wished me Happy Birthday~ O MAI GOODNESS YOU GUYS ROCK! :3 You know exactly how to make a girl blush. XD A big thank you to...
....and I'm sorry it took me 10 days to respond. ;___;
This past Saturday a friend of mine gave me what is probably the best Birthday gift I've ever gotten...EVER. To be honest I'm pretty used to not getting what I want for any holiday/birthday so it's a HUGE surprise to get something I secretly pine for...but would probably buy it for myself later...like when I've sold enough art or got a better paying job. Remember back in September I got a set of 18 Holbein watercolor paints? Well this friend got me a set of 60
Holbein watercolor paints. Call you tell I'm excited yet?
THEY ARE SOO BEAUTIFUL! I ALMOST CANT MAKE MYSELF USE THEM! THEY ARE SOOO PRISTINE AND BEAUTIFUL! MAI PRECIOUS~ Even though I can't use them RIGHT now because I'm working on a digital commission(s) I'm still daydreaming projects to use them for.
Which kinda goes into my Art New Years Goals:
- Focus on selling my artwork
- I kinda try to do this every year, but I get discouraged and give up. (surprise surprise)
- This year I have a plan. (Whoo hoo! A Plan!)
- In December of last year I talked/showed some of my artwork to a few people who go to my church. One of the people I talked to was interested in selling my artwork.... as long as it was rural scenery depicting farmland, country, or Amish lifestyle. So....Why not? I'll give it a try with 5-10 paintings/drawings and if I can make money that way, WIN.
- Enter Three Art Contests
- Why? Because year after year I enter two art contests and they are Anime Iowa related.
- so....AI can only count as ONE contest, Need to not stick too close to home all the time. Branch out!
- Diversify protfolio with not just Anime things, and think of both long, and short term projects to do...
- Finish previously started projects
- 30 page comic - specifically "Seventh Dragon Bride"
- Select digital paintings that were put on the back burner (Yep they exist as .psd files on my computer)
- The last Talented Princess picture. Jeeze, that project should have been done and over with already. Poor Haruka...
I think thats all I got for right now. XD My "New Years" resolutions are always weird. But we'll see how it goes.
Well....thats all folks! Till I post some art, thats all I gotta say!
P.S. Want some music to listen to? This is what I've found on Pandora/Youtube recently. XD Honestly I dont pay too much attention to the lyrics, I just like the sound of the song. :3